The ISA-88 is a standard for batch processing industries. It can also be applied in discrete and continuous processes that require a certain amount of flexibility. The ISA-88 models and terminology are developed for the control of production processes. The standard is used for programming DCS and PLC / SCADA systems to allow for flexibility and reusable engineering.
The following parts of the standard ISA-88 Batch Control are defined:
- ISA-88.01 Models & Terminology
- ISA-88.02 Data structures and guidelines for languages
- ISA-88.03 General and Site Recipes Models and Representation
- ISA-88.04 Production Records
- ISA-88.05 Implementation Models & Terminology for Modular Equipment Control