A six Sigma project is mostly executed following the DMAIC steps. Other situation may require DMADV or DFSS, but that is not explained on this site.
The process steps are defined as:
- Define the Customer, their Critical to Quality (CTQ) issues, and the Core Business Process involved.
- Measure the performance of the Core Business Process involved.
- Analyse the data collected and process map to determine root causes of defects and opportunities for improvement.
- Improve the target process by designing creative solutions to fix and prevent problems.
- Control the improvements to keep the process on the new course.
To allow for Continuous improvement start again with the define step when the control step is completed.